Wednesday, June 21, 2006

So mad

Ugh. Why do people bomb crowded streets? What do bombs solve? I am so angry right now, if I could get off this planet (other than the conventional way) I would do so, and never look back. Take DH and the Bug and go live on the moon. Why in the name of all that's holy is a car in the middle of a crowded street (with no one in it) a legitimate target for missiles? With all the technology and sneakiness we as a species are capable of, why must anyone blow up children? This world really sucks serious ass sometimes.
A comedian once joked about how this planet had been around for eons and eons, and how likely was it that a few plastic bags were going to kill the whole thing. It's funny on the surface, but when you think about it, what we are doing is not killing the planet. We're killing ourselves. This little rock will continue spinning around this little star long after the things that keep us alive are too contaminated or used up to support us as a life form anymore. And then the planet will start over. That Statue of Liberty scene at the end of Planet of the Apes is cliché now, but I wonder if even that much will be left when we're gone.
Anyway.
I worked on sonnet some more last night. I had to stay home from SnB because the hacking cough that DH had (which I thought was from smoking and he thought was from allergies) is actually pneumonia. For some reason, I found this deeply funny. I still haven't figured out why. Anyway, I sat home last night with him and The Bug and knitted on Sonnet, which is now starting to smell like feet. I gotta finish this thing and wash it good, before it suffocates us all. If it was monsoon season, I'd leave it out in the rain. Rainwater is fresher than groundwater and Tide. Oh well, no rain for us for months yet, so Tide it is. Soon, please!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I find that the best way to deal with these "awful planet" blues is to go out at night and look at the stars. It's guaranteed to make you realize you small you and everyone on this planet--including the stupid, stupid warmongers are--and, for some reason that always makes me feel better.

Sorry you're feeling so bloo.

Anonymous said...

Well, I sure crapped up the punctuation on that one! Can you tell I was "feelin'" it? Let me try again:

Sometimes I find that the best way to deal with these "awful planet" blues is to go out at night and look at the stars. It's guaranteed to make you realize how small you and everyone on this planet--including the stupid, stupid warmongers--are and, for some reason, that always makes me feel better.

Sorry you're feeling so bloo.

Anonymous said...

Is Oxi-clean safe on Sonnet? It got me through my daughter's babyhood.

Everything smells in New England, too, but for the opposite reason: It's been so humid nothing can get dry.

Yesterday was a crisp, sunny day, so I shouldn't complain.