Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Things I like

BigAlice posted a random list of things she likes, and I like it.

Things I like:
  • Big Alice's list
  • The smell of pine trees on a hot day
  • Sitting by the fire
  • Hummingbirds (especially the whirring noise when they buzz by your head)
  • The sound of moving water, any kind
  • The smell of rain on a hot sidewalk, and that creosote smell after the rain clears
  • Major thunder and lightning
  • Watching my son smile when he goes down the Big Boy slide
  • That trilling noise he makes when he hears an airplane
  • Nibbling his toes while I get his jammies on
  • The way he works his hands under my hair to give me a big hug
  • Periwinkle
  • Blue cheese in my salad
  • Walking home
  • Early morning in a quiet house, when the birds are awake outside
  • Kitten toes
  • My dog Fluffy's extra soft ears
  • The way she groans in ecstasy when I scratch said ears
  • Colors, lots and lots of colors
  • Classical guitar
  • Spanish guitar
  • Electric guitar
  • Blues guitar
  • Stevie Ray Vaughn
  • Eric Clapton
  • Shannon Curfman
  • Kenny Wayne Shepherd
  • Celtic knots
  • Cables
  • Cables with Celtic knots
  • Hand knit socks
  • Floating in the pool at twilight
  • Eating dinner on the deck
  • Drinking coffee on the deck
  • Potted flowers
  • Leaving the front door open when my jasmine vine blooms
  • Fresh lavender
  • Broccoli with garlic and olive oil
  • Maple creams from See's
  • Icicles
  • Christmas lights
  • Reading lists of other people's favorite things