Monday, June 08, 2009

home.

And I'm not happy about it. It's nice to be back to normal since, due to the super-short trip, that was a whirlwind, but people? IT SNOWED. JUST FOR ME. The weather was perfect for the graduation party on Friday afternoon - cloudy and breezy but not terribly cold. Trina's friends have a lovely house and yard and we all hung out there, and Bug disappeared and I didn't see anything of him except for the occasional flash of his sweatshirt as he ran by, for hours. Someone showed him the pool table and the drum set and he ran between the two of them all night. There were several large dogs, tons of kids, lots of beer and soda and brownies and food, and it was absolutely the best party I've been to in ages. The next morning was graduation, and it snowed. SNOWED! IN JUNE! HOW EFFING GREAT IS THAT?!?!?! Seriously, from 100s to 40s is like my idea of heaven. Squeak HATED the graduation from the second DH wolf-whistled when Trina walked in the auditorium, so he and I sat outside (the only place to sit - who builds a building in snow country without seating in the lobby?) and watched the snow. We were in a sheltered spot and he had Aunt Cookie's BSJ on, so we were pretty happy. People looked at me like I was nuts, but I told them I was from Arizona and was storing up the cold to take home. Anyway, there was a great lunch with the grad and the family, there was the drive DH and the boys and I took up into the mountains where he used to live when Trina was little (the house next door was for sale and I was TEMPTED), there was the visit to Gramma where Bug ran for the swollen river that runs through her yard TWICE and I'm still having night- (and day-) mares. There was very little knitting (like, three rows) but I almost caught up on my sleep. Now that we are home, and it's bright and hot and dry, I am quite sad and wishing we could move up there TO. DAY. I mostly had camnesia but did take lots of pictures of Gramma's yard, and I'm waiting for the stepdaughters to send me all the great shots THEY took.
Usually when you ask Bug if he wants to go on a plane, he's thrilled. Yesterday when I asked him if he wanted to go on a plane back home he said, "No! Not home!" I totally grok that.