Thursday, March 09, 2006



Good evening!
The other day, I realized that my first-thing-at-work ritual had gotten a little out of hand. I had been coming in, reading a few comics, checking my mail, and diving into a project. Took maybe 15 minutes, tops. The other day it occurred to me that, with all the knitting blogs I've taken to reading, my morning ritual had grown into a 2-3 hour affair. Since my employer generally doesn't pay me to surf the net, I did something drastic. I deleted all the links to my favorite blogs from my computer at work. It's been two days now, and I haven't had time to read them in the evenings either, so I am having withdrawals.
However, on knitting news, not only did I finish my first socks, I wore them on Tuesday, to work and then to the knit-and-complain. (Can't even call it the SnB group anymore. Ugh.) I even managed to get it together and find the camera while still wearing the socks. They're stretchy, as I'd worn them all day, and I think they're a little big on me, but here they are in all their glory.

Well, I can't tell if that picture uploaded. Anyway, if it did, it was a picture of my cool socks being worn with cool sandals, which we all know is the ultimate expression of coolness.





Here's a picture of the picot trim at the top:











And if that one came up, here's a pic of what seems to be the standard hand-knitted sock pose:

Yes, that is a little hole on the left one. I didn't pick up an extra stitch while picking up the gusset stitches. Actually, to be more accurate, I thought I did, but apparently, um, NO.





Okay, now that those are done, or not, as the case may be, I am going to go work on my Frill. The longer it gets, the easier the knitting is. I dunno if I'll ever do another project like this with such tiny lace, but it seems like it's gonna be pretty. I hope my sis likes it.
Oh yeah, and I started to swatch my sockpal socks. I'm going to do a basic toe-up, probably a short row heel. I can't decide if I want to work some pattern in, or let the colors speak for themselves. That stuff is gorgeous. Go see twoloops to get some of your own, cuz I'm not sharing.