Friday, March 17, 2006

My kingdom for a title

Not much knitting knews today. Yesterday I knitted enough on the foot of the baby sock that I ran out of yarn, and have to join some on. This is 100% acrylic (the good stuff, a whole dollar a ball) so I will try something Eunny posted on her blog a while ago about joining non-wool yarns for lace. This is not lace, and for regular socks it might be too weak a join, but since these socks are for a baby who does not yet walk (or even crawl), I don't expect it to be much of a problem. I should finish it up this weekend and get crackin' on Frill. I just realized that I should have Frill and an as-yet unstarted scarf and hat done by the beginning of April if I'm going to get it to its destination in time for the birthdays. I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe by the next birthday in May, or the later one in July...
Today it's cloudy and overcast and a little cooler than it has been. I feel like a big slug. I want to nap all day and not think about anything. I don't even think I want to knit right now, although if my choice was between work and knitting, I'd definitely pick the knitting. Maybe I need a vitamin or something. (Maybe that chocolate bar in my desk drawer would pick me up.)