Friday, April 21, 2006

Geek Squad

Apparently, I qualify:

I am nerdier than 85% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

I was actually surprised to score so high. I mean, I know I'm a nerd and all, but since they didn't offer "knitting, duh" as an answer for the "what do you do on Friday night question", I missed out on some points. And I thought for sure I'd be disqualified for using Windows and IE. I mean, really, the only person who gets nerd points for using those is Bill Gates himself. And I bet he uses Firefox.

Anyway, on the knitting front, last night I finished the Fibonacci sequence Gracie square (oh, yeah, maybe that has something to do with my score) and the King Charles Brocade square. I'm not actually sure it's the right pattern - it's what I came up with after looking at Franklin's regicide scarf. I like it. Tonight, I spend time "creatively shrinking" things. I made six squares: two pink wool, two lavender wool, and two variegated cotton. I do believe only one of those six is actually 5X5. All the others are too large, by about 1/4" to 1/2", unblocked. I know blocking wool causes it to stretch some, so you can see my dilemma. Gotsta lose some inches on my squares. Tomorrow, a pic, if I can manage to get all the ends woven and all blocked nicely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice you're looking for stitch patterns for squares for Grace. Google Dishcloth Boutique. They have tons.

pacalaga said...

Ahhhh, Ev G, whoever you are, you SO rock. I could make Gracie squares until the cows come home with the patterns on that site. And since I have no cows, that would be a LONG time.