Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Here there be knitwear!

Hooray! I finished four things since last I posted. First and foremost, I'm halfway to finishing the sockpal socks! One down, one started. Also, I whipped out three squares for Grace and Simone. I still have quite a bit of yarn left, so I'd like to do several more. If I could find a good stitch dictionary, I'd have no problems, but I'm kinda coming up with these on my own. Here is a shot of all four items, posing with my geranium and Fluffy's toes:
Image hosting by Photobucket
(There was a time I didn't think that poor geranium would make it, but just look at it go!)
Here's a closeup of the sock and a better view of the ribbing. It didn't come out quite the way I'd envisioned, but I still like it. It may look more like I'd intended once I block it. This picture shows the truest colors for this yarn.
Image hosting by Photobucket
This picture shows the items a little better, and you can see the three different Gracie blocks better. The pink and purple are JoAnn Sensations, Belleza Collection, Tesoro, 100% wool and softer than soft. The variegated is Bernat CottonTots, and I must say I'm not entirely a fan. I did like the way the colors arranged themselves... Love that wool, though - I'll use that again.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And here's a picture to show you that common household items can be used for knitting or fibery pursuits:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Using the top of a beer bottle to wind center-pull balls. It works great.

5 comments:

Ragnar said...

Ooo...I will definately be introducing the beer bottle ball winder the next time our group meets down at the bar...and here we'd just been using empty pitchers as yarn holders to keep them from rolling all over the table.

jenifleur said...

The beer bottle ball winder (say that 3 times fast.) is genius.

And clearly the begonia is benefitting by the proximity to yarn!

Dana S. Whitney said...

And I thought the ball of yarn was being rooted and would soon turn into an avocado. But what do I know? Maybe The Panopticon will get YOU a niddy noddy... Ooooooh, or a ball winder.

pacalaga said...

I thought about a niddy noddy. I could lose a niddy noddy, though, but I'll always have an empty beer bottle (or a soon-to-be empty beer bottle) handy.

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! I love the way how this sock turned out, the colorline is so cheerful!
And wow, the beet bottle ball winder absolutely rocks!!!