Friday, April 07, 2006

Knitting content ahead!

Yes, it's true. I have a pic of something I'm knitting. Can you guess what it is? Why of COURSE it's my sock pal sock! Here it is, last night, with a lifeline in for trying-on purposes:



The colors aren't entirely true, but close. I love this sock. I love it even more now that I figured out that if I snug up my purls, the ribbing actually comes out looking nice:



Ignore the colors - I had to adjust the brightness of the photo because the white sheet and the white leg would have seared your corneas right out, otherwise. Anyway, here you can see the ribbing, and it's nice and straight and even, which is a first in my knitting life.

I have a few more inches of ribbing to go before I can start the next one. I am knitting on these exclusively, just because if I don't I'll miss the deadline. I'll get sucked into something else and will think, "Oh, I have a whole month, I have time." NONONONONO, I must finish these so my pal won't feel sad and unloved. I'm already going to miss Aussie Cooper's birthday, and probably Sis's as well. >sigh< Bad knitter, I am.

Here's one little flower I forgot to post last time - it counts for March and April, through the clever combination of pink and yellow. It's a blurry little flor, due to a slight breeze that hit it right when I snapped the pic, but it's still pretty. Thanks, nature!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love the socks - what yarn is this? Beautiful flower pictures - we don't have much up yet here (northeast) so its nice to see them!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What kind of flower is that? I've never seen anything like that!

Steph said...

I like the socks. Especially the colors in the false color pic!