Tuesday, August 08, 2006

ennui

Boredom.
World-weariness.
Languor.
Tedium.

It hit me. That something that wandered around Blogistania (I love that) several weeks ago. Everyone complained that knitting didn't excite them, their spinning was boring, they felt blah... I didn't feel it then. I felt peppy, ready to knit mountains out of mohair and make wonderful things and spend my free time industriously wrapping my loved ones in knitted warmth.

Now I have it. Last night I felt too lazy and blah even to go to bed. DH and I sat in the dark and watched one of those motorcycle shows on Discovery. No knitting, no cleaning, no blogging, nada. Maybe it's the humidity, finally getting me down. Maybe it's the pain-imposed knit-free week I had. Maybe it's just my body telling me I need a break. Maybe my brain has moved on to fall and my body is still stuck in summer.

Whatever it is, I'm not a fan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh...so sorry if I passed that on. Sucks, don't it?

Autumn, I will welcome you with eager arms.

Anonymous said...

Heh heh.

"Mountains out of mohair."

That's funny.

Maybe a little Snb will cheer you up this evening!

jenifleur said...

It happens every summer. We find ourselves trying not to do it, but the power of the Knit Blahg will suck you in. Could it have anything to do with it being to hot to daydream without sweating, much less move our fingers? I'm tired just from thinking about this, I think I'll go have a nap.

Carrie K said...

Your quilt FO is gorgeous.

It sucks how that ennui just whaps you out of the blue, doesn't it? Hopefully it'll go away soon.

Anonymous said...

Its that end of summer rut that's going around. It will pass. :)