Thursday, February 22, 2007

loose ends

Well, not really. Just... de-focussed. Ever since the red scarf and the Christmas knitting was finished, I have been lackadaisical about knitting. I have been working on my lattice sock, a little pattern of my own design. I have ripped and reknit parts several times. I miscounted and ended up ripping the whole heel and the associated increases. I have thought many times about the best way to do this or that, and the delays and the ripping don't bother me at all. Faina proceeds apace, a little here, a little there. I have no deadlines, and I LOVE IT. Knitting because I like to, not because I need to finish something yesterday. I do have a Dulaan deadline in a few months, but I am not worried. It was a little unsettling at first, like suddenly being out of a cage, but now I am enjoying the feeling immensely. I love making something that appears in its own good time, that is lovely because I took the time to make it so. (OOOh, that sounds a little egotistical, doesn't it? "Yes, I really am that good.")
Tomorrow, a Faina progress picture.

Yesterday:
1 mile walked