Monday, June 18, 2007

[contented sigh]

Boy, for a Monday, I am sure in a good mood. Even for a regular weekday, I'm in a good mood. I got decent sleep last night (love you, Tylenol PM), woke up early to a Bug in a good mood, and was ready early enough to savor my coffee and even knit a row on Swallowtail.
(Incidentally, Bug-in-a-good-mood is loud and impossible to ignore. First, he hears Daddy up and about and calls for him. Then he drops the binky, and it's oh no! oh no! oh no! and before it gets to a deafening shriek, I haul my carcass out of bed to get the binky. I'm generally cursing having to get up, but it's so cute I don't really mind.)
I'm not going to talk about the Hogwarts socks for a while. I don't want to spoil my good mood.
I'm halfway through the rows of the body of Swallowtail, and I haven't gotten bored yet. Of course, the rows increase in length every time, so I'm not really half-way, but I'm loving loving loving it. The sea silk is cool and crisp in my hands, but still stretchy, the knitpicks options I'm using are just sharp enough, and the pattern is clear and easy without being boring (to me). Also, whoever it was that realized that threading a string through the hole in the options needles for an automatic lifeline? Sheer brilliance - I toast you, whoever you are.
Sadly, I have no pictures. Swallowtail looks much the same, only bigger, and I made no progress either spinning or on the eyelet sweater, because I was too busy playing with seaweed lace. I sure hope Friederike likes it, because I'm going to have a hard time letting it go.
I will give you another Bug pose, though.

whew
The crossed ankles really make the look.