Thursday, June 21, 2007

Things I Have Learned Thursday

Because it's too late to do random Wednesday.


  • The summer solstice means nothing to me because I live where summer starts in April and lasts until the end of October.

  • If, before the start of a lace repeat, you think to yourself, "Wow, I haven't moved my lifeline up in a while," MOVE YOUR LIFELINE. It's your brain's way of telling you you're about to hose something up very seriously.

  • If you have four bobbins, and you fill up two with practice singles, and a third has decent singles that you want to ply, you are not clever if you save that fourth bobbin to make more singles to ply with bobbin #3.

  • whew
    I want to be Dave when I grow up.

  • You always need more bobbins.

  • If you've quit smoking, you should never assume you can have "just one".

  • There is a part of my brain that lies outside of my direct control, and it's fueled by nicotine. And it argues with the part of my brain I do control. And it's almost like hearing voices. And it's been about 10 hours (and counting) since my last cigarette, and it's starving and it's LOUD.

  • The Bug enjoys breakfast al fresco.
    whew
    Loves me some nanas.

  • I LURVE the new autosave draft feature on Blogger. Because when you preview your post, you should NOT click Back to close the preview.