Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Boring post #5782

The doldrums are moving on. (Do they move? Or does one simply coast out of them and they lie in wait for the next little sailboat?) Anyway, I had an unplugged weekend courtesy of the fried router. We had a Saturday of crazy storms followed by gentle, soothing rain, I sat and chatted with a friend over pizza and homemade brownies, and had leftovers (meatloaf sandwiches, my favorite) for dinner. Sunday was a beautiful day, unseasonably cool, reminiscent of late October 'round these parts. I knitted my little heart out and played with the Bug in the mud, and a good time was had by all. My sockpal socks are nearing the finish line, I am thinking about what else I'd like to include in her package, and she was very understanding about the fact that they'll get there late.
Alas, since I am out of the habit of checking email and blogs from home now, I have no pictures. (Well, that could also be due to the fact that I did not finish off the last stitch on the first sockpal sock since I was unsure if I bound off loosely enough, and the Bug was kind enough to rip it back a little for me. Sigh.) Anyway, perhaps tonight I shall get with it enough for a picture. My heart is already knitting lace, so I need to finish these socks so I can indulge again. I am aware of the irony that I want to knit lace, since my first lace project was HATEFUL and I am not a lace kind of girl, but hey, things change, right?
Oh yeah, and tomorrow is August, and WHERE DID MY YEAR GO?!