Saturday, January 12, 2008

More FOs. I am on fire!

Actually, I finished the knitting of these in the last days of the year. I just never wove in the ends until I finished the DH's socks, and then I got lazy and didn't take any pictures. This delay works in my favor when I have nothing else to post.

Mad Weave Socks!

P1010002

Pattern: Mad Weave
Yarn: A Piece of Vermont, a discontinued blend sock yarn that I can't remember, colorway Blue Columbine
Needles: Addi Turbos, 2.5mm
My take on the yarn: lovely, soft, and squishy. A tad splitty in some spots, but I believe that had more to do with the fact that I carried these socks around for EIGHT MONTHS as WIPs without knitting a stitch for a month at a time, than anything about the yarn itself.

Mods:

subbed an eye of partridge heel (loves me some eye of partridge)

P1010007

and only twisted the little side cables in one direction so as to save my sanity

P1010001

I don't suppose I need a cat in the house since one little Bug manages to interfere with my photo shoots successfully...

P1010003P1010004P1010005

In other news, Ceige has signed up for a knitting class in her town. YAY! In her own words (from a text): "Are you going to tell your blogging buddies you've converted me to the dark side?" Heh. She has no idea...