Friday, June 13, 2008

K is for (I'm skipping J)...

Knocked up!

mjfull

Yup, it's true. All that whining, pissing and moaning I've been doing about being tired and having no mojo? It's all being sucked into the Noob. Now I can be more specific, whining about no mojo, no energy, morning sickness nausea all freaking day long, etc. (A side note: how does anyone ever become bulimic? It's nuts. I've lost 5 pounds so far and IT. SUCKS.)
Today we had the first ultrasound (known to us old hags as the Nuchal Translucency test, part of the barrage of genetic shit they try to make you take because you're an old bat if you're going to be north of 35 when the baby is born, most of which I'm ignoring) and the wee beastie wiggled all over the damn place and forced the tech to swirl around and around trying to get just the right angle. It took forever, which was cool because I got to watch Noob wiggle and flop and flutter, but she kept trying to make him/her roll over just a little, by forcibly jabbing the wand into my belly. Not a fan of that particular aspect, but still! Much activity, much wiggling, tiny hands, tiny feet, some hiccups, and that crazy little fluttering heart. I heart the heart.
(Incidentally, the Christmas counter is not actually for Christmas - this noob is due on 12/25.)

A little facial profile for your viewing pleasure.

mjcloseup