Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wednesday roundup

Since I mostly seem to post on Sundays and Wednesdays anymore.

First of all, a big fat political THANG. You may have seen it, you may have heard it, you may have read it. I'm of the opinion that it can't be heard or seen ENOUGH. (I know next to nothing about what else Keith Olbermann might have to say, nor what he stands for, but I can get behind him on this one.)



I am going to continue harping on the subject until it's fixed. (Myself included. I know it may come as a shock to you, but I'm not perfect. !!) And not just gay marriage, but discrimination in general. I'm fairly disgusted that discrimination in any form is even an issue. (Actually, if you want to read some interesting stuff on both the gay rights issue and racism, check out this post. Read the comments, too. With the exception of a few coughcoughminecough there's a whole bunch more learnin' going on down there.)

Ahem. On to the fluff and frivolity!

Thanks to Imbrium's comment on the last post, I have renewed my stubbornness obstinateness resolve to not clean the stove. I think he's going to cave, because I've been pointing out that until he has a regular job, assuming he ever does again, he gets to pick up a lot of the housecleaning. We'd made a deal that I'd give up my housekeeper and do it myself if ever I was home full time, and since we gave up the housekeeper (for different reasons) and he's currently home full time, the cleaning is mostly on him. He tried to weasel his way out of that one but he knows it's a losing battle. :-)

Regarding the coworkers and the extra work and all the complaining I was doing last time around, I should clarify. (Let's see if I can do this and still be sufficiently vague so as to not get dooced.) Our company is in the state it's in (at least partially) due to some serious gutting by our old parent company, who cut lots and lots of people (and refused to replace people who left voluntarily) to make the books look fantastic for a sale. We were bought by a new parent company who seems to take active interest in our well-being and growth, but we are a slow-moving company and it takes us some time to readjust our group mentality. This morning I was given the opportunity to speak frankly to The New Guy in charge of product development, and I was able (along with several others) to lay out my concerns. He's BRAND NEW, and so he's not going to go diving in and hiring a whole damn bunch of people, but at least I feel like he's hearing us. There is still much frustration, but the last few management-level hires have made me quite hopeful for the future. We just gotta work through the next few months while people get bearings and find out where we need the most attention. My coworkers are a fabulous bunch and they will do what they can, but if they're working on my deadlines, theirs aren't getting done. Ya know?

Hmmm, isn't this supposed to be a knitting blog?