Thursday, January 01, 2009

In the mood to start something.

But first, I am sucktastic because I forgot to blog about La's birthday (which was last Sunday) until JUST NOW. (Okay, that's not true. I remembered plenty of times, but I was either in the car, nursing a wee babe, or there were teenagers using my computer.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LA! (Go now, wish her a happy birthday and tell her to post more cuz we miss her.)

************

I had thought that I was going to have my new year's knitting resolution be along the lines of ignoring WIPs, a la Joan, and that when a new project captured my fancy I was just going to GO for it. In fact, I was so wired about this idea that I decided to cast on something new on 1/1. I have 2700 yds (which seems like a lot, so let's call it half that) of sport weight soy chainette yarn in a dull gold, and I have 900 yds of Shine worsted (cotton/modal) in Terra Cotta that I'd originally bought to be Bombshell (I think, now that I see the yardage called for I'm starting to wonder, and it might be best in a yarn that has some memory anyway). I could do Broderie in the soy. I could find some other yarn to use for Picovoli, which I might be able to finish before my brother's wedding on the 31st. Maybe Mary Jane, sans boob-flattening stripe across bust? I could take my bit of Christmas money and go buy a whole whack of Silky Wool and knit something else entirely, but here's my problem. Nothing is calling to me. Help a girl out?

***********

I'm wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans today, thanks to the stomach flu and the breastfeeding. They aren't comfy, but they're buttoned. :-D

***********

P9220011P1010005

I think my little men look alike at comparable ages.

***********

DH did indeed manage to get the floor in, and since the only one member of the couple in question came for Christmas Eve, we didn't have to go buy a new bed. He finished the floor with a whole day to spare, and I think he did a smashing job, don't you?

P1010001

***********

Finally, our trees are changing.

IMG00042