Friday, February 20, 2009

Lost. All lost.

My phone charger, the lid to my favorite pot, and several weeks. I got WAY more done around the house when I was working in the office than now.
But, in an effort to drag out my WIPs even longer than necessary, I started...
SPINNING!
Yes, Virginia, Elizabeth, there is a Santa Claus spinner here.

The fiber is something Big Alice sent me from Blue Moon, in (I believe) the Farmhouse colorway. I think it would be a lovely thing to spin, but mine is a little...used. (Rode hard and put away wet, actually.) It was the victim of a dog who didn't get to go on vacation and hence decided the rules were out the window, and the basket of fiber she'd ignored for years was now fair game. o.0 At the time, I didn't know which one it was, but now, given the color of the dog hairs happily entwined with the sheep hairs, I'm pretty sure I know the culprit.

PB110007

She didn't actually ruin it - based on the condition of the fiber, the even distribution of the hairs, and what I saw her do with that one skein of acrylic, I think she spread it out and rolled around in it, so it's kinda matted.

It still spins pretty nicely, though. I imagine if Fluffy hadn't added her special touch, it would be fantastic.

P2200015
Craptastic photo, bad background, pretty accurate color.

This is what I did much of yesterday:

0222091507
Not shown: the beer on the table next to me, and the two-kiddie-crocs'-worth of sand that later ended up on the recliner. (Seriously, how can it not bother him to run around with a pound of sand in each shoe?)

P2220002

Also possibly lost: my sanity. Yesterday whilst watching TV, a commercial for High School Musical 3 came on, and Bug instantly started dancing (which was strange because he was kinda reclining on a pillow on the couch). I am torn. If I buy HSM, 1, 2 or 3 (or otherwise own it or allow it in my house, thankyouverymuch peanut gallery) I will either kill myself, my family, or a group of random strangers on the street, just to make it stop. (Note to readers: No, I really won't.) If I don't, I won't get to see what might be the most hilarious toddler dance number ever, courtesy of my kid and his apparently uncontrollable twitching to that music. But seriously, I want to smack that Efron kid and that Tisdale girl (and kill myself that I even knew their names) whenever I see them. If I had to be in the house with a whole movie with them in it, it might be too hard to handle. The voices in my head might actually win...