Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I can't brain today, I has the dumb.

Many thanks to Lene for that phrase. And for reminding me how cool vampires are. But NOT for not telling me about my newest obsession until just yesterday (after I'd emailed her about it!). Sheesh, woman.
We are hanging in. DH was getting worse and worse, and being threatened with the ventilator, the docs finally decided the lung problem from the autoimmune stuff was worse than the valley fever and brought out the big guns. He felt better almost immediately, and has been making progress in the right direction ever since. He thinks he'll be home by Friday.
Last weekend, though, both stepdaughters showed up, and one brought friends, and visited with their dad. (He can say it was the drugs that helped, but I know it was seeing his girls.) Not only that, but they babysat for me and allowed me some alone time, AND alone time with DH, which I hadn't had in ages. They cleaned my house. They shopped for groceries. They cooked for me (which is good because I'd finished the lovely roast from Lynn in Tucson). They brought me beer and drank with me. Then they left, which was the only crappy thing they did.
Knitting has taken a back seat to family life, and I'm okay with that. I'm pretending the mail was late for the July PSC club and haven't pulled it yet (though I am one thumb away from finishing the first of the Snow on Cedars mitts, which was my PSC pull for June.) I haven't even touched my spindle for Tour de Fleece, but also, don't care. I had a great time, I'll be forever grateful to the girls, and I know DH is on the mend because he wants to spend hours on the phone annoying me about dumb stuff. Annoying DH = healthy DH (or nearly). We're not out of the woods yet, but I can see the light, and more importantly, so can DH. Don't stop with the good thoughts yet, but I thank you most heartily for them all.

Oh yeah, and a quick, unscientific poll. I have an application in for a job at the dept of revenue in Montana. I WANT that job. I have no contacts in the dept of rev, but I have searched LinkedIn and found the account of the Deputy Director. I can't contact him directly without upgrading to a paying account. Lemmee ask you: if you got mail through this program from some woman you'd never heard of, asking you to please check out her references online and maybe put in a good word to the hiring committee, would you be impressed with her resourcefulness, annoyed at her presumptiousness, or have no feelings at all and ignore it?