- The cables are soft and bendy. They have a little more memory out of the package than Addis seem to, but they're still pliable enough that they don't bunch up in my knitting.
- The joins are really smooth, both where the cable joins the metal and where the tip screws to the cable.
- They seem to stay screwed together well for the little bit of knitting I've done with them.
- The surface of the needles is slick like Addis, which I love. (I will stick with bamboo for lace.)
- The points are super-sharp. I am not a fan of sharp needles - I like the blunt tips on the Addis. I will get used to these, though. Hopefully that will happen before I pierce a hole in the tip of my finger.
So far I am enjoying them. This is a good thing, as I've organized my little case and thrown away all the packing materials. I like the zippered inserts, although I wish a few more were included with the set. (Enough for all the tips and cables, anyway.) What I'd really like to see Knitpicks create is more tips: blunts for those of us who like Addis, and bamboo for situations where you want a stickier surface.
All in all, and assuming they wear well, I think it was money well spent.