I needed it. I'm still pretty stressed out, but I got to chat with some friends, have some downtime, and knit a whole lot, and I feel better. DH's job search is still ongoing, but we have hopes that a few resumes he put out will bear some fruit. Or a paycheck, that would be even better. We are making plans for the future and I'm pretty excited about them.
I still feel overwhelmed and restless. I always feel that way this time of year - after so many years of school, I feel like I should be learning new things, going new places, and meeting new people. I realized the other day that I've lived in Tucson longer than I've lived any other place in my whole life, and I'm kinda over it. Couple that with job stress and money stress and I'm just wishing I could drive away and start over somewhere. You know, with The Bug and DH. I always enjoyed the fall weather in southern Arizona, until I started reading all these knitting blogs from you New Englanders and others, and now I'm unsatisfied. I want colors, and crisp air, and frost on the flowers in the mornings.
On the knitting front, I have made progress on the eyelet sweater. Yesterday I knit compulsively on it. It was bizarre - I was actually bored and restless, but I couldn't put it down.
Here is the back, and the front I finished this morning. I had to rip a few rows at the top to get the armscye to match the back, but it lined up pretty well, especially given that this is my first sweater. (Well, I've knit kids' sweaters, but those were knit from the button band around.) The front is roughly four days' work - two evenings, one full Saturday, and a tiny bit this morning. Compare that to four days' work (evenings only) on the Cheshire Cat stole:
Holy cow that's a crappy picture. Oh well, I'm too lazy to take another. Taken Friday after I cast on for the front of the eyelet sweater. (This was the comparison photo I was trying to describe last post.)
Anyway, I can tell I'm going to have to put in some serious time on the stole to have a chance of finishing it before Christmas.
Since my gauge is off on the cardigan (which, happily, allows me to knit the largest size and have it fit my extra large measurements), I think the pattern is wrong in places (notably the neck shaping for the fronts and the numbers to bind off at the shoulder, so far) and I'm messing with the armscyes, I think I will knit a sleeve next to see how they'll fit. I do wish there was some spreadsheet somewhere that would calculate the sleeve caps based on the armscye measurements (you know, a FREE spreadsheet) but in all my searching I only found visual aids that required graph paper and manual counting. I might try that, or I might just try to fudge.
Oh yeah, and go look at these. Y'all, that's sugar.