Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Christmas Spirit

Has been sucked into the ghost containment grid. It's hard to be all Christmassy and cheerful (even if you're inclined that way, unlike some certain someones, who for some reason fear sweet lil me) when you walk outside and think, "&($)@(&(*&$@), it's hot."

1212081235

75 frickin' degrees. It's hard on a knitter who lives someplace where it's not all that unusual to have it be 75 frickin' degrees on December 12.
That means I have 13 days to get in the spirit. Don't see it happening, but the DH swears he'll have the floor in the guest room next week (which means he'll have tidied the shed and emptied the guest room of its current load of crap first) which will get me close. I did finally suck it up and get most of the rest of the Christmas decorations out last night. Behold, my hypocrisy knows no bounds, as my heathen self displays a nativity scene on the gingerbread horror. (I can't help it, I painted it, and I really like the camel and the sheep and the kings. At least I didn't bother with the tiny hay bales this year for authenticity.)

PC120002

PC130003 PC130004

Knitting on the secret thing continues. Well, I don't suppose it's truly a secret thing - I'm test knitting for Sock Madness III. I just can't show you what it looks like. I don't feel like I'm giving away any details when I tell you it is, indeed, a sock.

[picture sock here]

I finally remembered a place to block and dry Aunt Scarf #2 - Bug's bed! He hasn't used it yet, preferring to sleep crossways on mine with either his head between my shoulder blades, kicking DH in the face, or with his hot hot feet and sharp toenails digging into my back. Sigh. At least I can make the best of it and block my scarf on his Thomas the Tank Engine sheets, right?

And because it goes so well with Christmas,

Which creature of the night are you?
Your Result: Werewolf
 

You are a vicious fighter and a vicious lover, absolutely dedicated to your pack. You are pushed to anger by disloyalty and injustice and have a tendency toward sudden, periodic bursts of wild behavior.

Vampire
 
Cthulu Spawn
 
Demon
 
Sorceror
 
Incubus/Succubus
 
Ghost
 
Which creature of the night are you?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Courtesy of Rabbitch.

Finally, because when I touch the camera, Bug says, "Would you please take a picture of me?" Then he demands to see it, and when I show him, he says, "Awwww."

PC120001

Oops, I forgot to post this: proof that Texas (blech) doesn't have a lock on the pretty sunsets.

1212081733