Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where am I?

Still have no concept of the day of the week (except for knit night, wahoo!) or the time, but that will be changing come Monday morning, when I report for training at oh-dark-thirty. I suspect since I will be working on the base, I'm gonna hafta learn military time. I also suspect that since I have not had any sort of schedule for four and a half months that the idea of working for a whole day and then having to do it again might actually kill me. I have gotten accustomed to being aimless. I might have to bathe regularly, or bathe my KIDS regularly, or something.

The DH is, right now, at his big fancy interview. He wore his suit. *swoon* I had to tie his tie, and people? THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET. He has big hopes for this job, since he's been given the heads-up that he's at the top of the short list of candidates, and they want someone starting ASAP. My checkbook wants us to start working ASAP too. (ETA: he had his interview and says it went well. We should know something by the end of the week, so keep crossing your fingers and such.)

I finished my March PSC socks. WOO!

P4290008

Squeak likes them too. They're tasty.

P4290001P4290001P4290003

Only a month late. And no, I haven't worked another stitch on the April socks yet, but c'mon - entrelac is a long-term sock pattern. I might dig out some dish cloth cotton and knit up a coupla bibs, because Squeak is eating food.

P4220003

So far, he's had applesauce, rice cereal, and bananas, and he's quite a fan. It's a little early yet for him to be eating food, so I'm keeping him at that much and hoping that I can get a little bit of milk stashed for his inevitable daycare debut.

A few weeks ago, DH got the wild hair to fix up the back yard and plant a lawn. He spent many hours fixing up the sprinklers that came with the house, and filling in the low spots, and and and. He decided that instead of rototilling the dirt that we already have, he needed to buy some and use it to build up the yard. (Cuz, ya know, when you're unemployed, buying dirt is high on the list of good ways to use your money.) Anyway, it kept him entertained for a few days, and entertained Bug even more. The kid loves him some dirt.

P4260046P4250038_edP4260061P4260054