Thursday, December 28, 2006

Getting there

Last night I measured Tendrils. I have 43 inches done, and the pattern calls for 65 inches before I finish off with the edge. I'm not entirely sure how long I'll knit it in actuality - there were more balls of yarn (Knitpicks Andean Silk Twist) with knots than without, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what I've done with all my little bits and with the extra balls. I have two partial balls in my bag, which means that I should have two partial balls and some bits floating around the house somewhere. I suppose I should find them before I knit up all I have in my bag and have to get more or rip. It's my hope to finish up the knitting by the end of this long weekend, so I have the better part of the week to overdye it (and kill myself if I ruin it).
Damn, foiled again. Apparently the knitting goddess doesn't like it when we get too smug in our Zen-ness. (Can one BE smug and Zen at the same time?) Anyway, I have lost the last two balls of this damnable, dratted, flugen yarn. I had to order some more. Of this yarn I don't particularly care for. Oy. I had to have it sent two-day. I suspect that means it will get here next Tuesday, since that's two business days away. This means I will not be able to finish the bloody thing this weekend. This also means that somewhere in the house is yarn I dislike. It prolly knows I dislike it, so it's hiding. I have looked everywhere I can think to look, and it is gone. It will come out the day after I receive the feshlugen package from Knitpicks. Urgh.
Curses.