Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Monday, can't trust that day.

It is Monday. It is A Monday. So far, things aren't too terribly awful, but DH got a little news on the job front that was actually not so good. It was the job we wanted, but they changed the location from Denver (YAY) to Houston (NOWAY). The whole state of Texas repels me like maggots. I know there are people who love it, but I am not one of those. Sigh.
Knitting has been happening, but photography hasn't. A friend at work just had a baby, which I have known was coming for about six months now. When did I start the sweater? Why, last week, of course. I'm doing Devan from Knitty, in handpaint from MCY. I got it on eBay last year, but don't see it now. Anyway, it's adorable manly colors, ranging from navy and dark brown to a lovely muted gold. DH saw it and said, "Why didn't you make me socks like that?!" Sigh. I have two fronts done, and a tiny bit of the back. I'm a little concerned because the contrast yarn is a tad thicker, but I think the gauge is close enough that the pieces will still fit. If not, reknitting the back of a baby sweater, even on 2.5mm needles, isn't a killer.
I have also started the second sleeve of the eyelet cardigan. It would be going much quicker if I had been paying attention, but last night I had to rip most of it back and reknit what I'd done. (Stupid increases and stitch count anyway.) I haven't fixed the cap of the first sleeve - I think I might wait until I get to the cap on the second sleeve and fix them both together.
Not much else has happened, knitting-wise. The Cheshire Cat stole is still sitting, waiting to be ripped and restarted on larger needles. The socks sit, like they always do when something bigger/better/with a deadline comes along. I still have ideas about finishing Faina to wear at Christmas when we visit the inlaws. If I finish Cheshire Cat before we leave I'll finish Faina in the car. If not, well, it's anyone's guess.
To make up for the lack of photos, let's see if I can find a good Bug pic.

P9200005

Daddy makes a comfy pillow.